Monday, August 31, 2009

Tea!


One of the things I'm really starting to love about Japan is the fact that while the vending machines here carry a few sodas, the majority of drinks offered usually takes the form of green tea. I already liked tea before, but the choices here are just amazing. So much healthier than soda! Of course, there's still a ton of caffeine in tea, but at least it doesn't have all of the high fructose corn syrup and preservatives that soft drinks have. Here's a picture of a bottle I grabbed just a second ago out of the vending machines close to my apartment. I'm not kidding, probably about 10 varieties of tea just in one machine! Right now, one variety tastes pretty similar to the other, but my goal is to be able to distinguish between the different types. Same goes with all the different types of rice you can buy in the supermarket, they all have their distinct flavors. I'm just too Americanized to tell right now, but I'm sure I'll have a more discerning palate after a few more weeks. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment