Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh my giant bugs...

Interesting side note: there are some giant bug species here. Especially cockroaches. I say this because as I came home from my last lesson of the night and turned on the light in my living room, there was a roach the size of my palm sitting on my wall. I've seen some small ones around the apartment before, but nothing compared to this monstrosity. Bad news: I tried to kill him and missed completely. Even worse news: now I can't find him at all. At least the things don't bite. I've closed all the doors to my bedroom, but I have this sinking feeling that he may have found his way in there. Hopefully I don't swallow this guy in my sleep. I'll keep tapping around, maybe I'll get lucky. Except the prize in this game is a giant bug. Note to self: buy some traps tomorrow. I hope they sell some that are big enough...

Update: Got him! How the heck these guys keep getting into my apartment is beyond me though. Still gotta get those traps.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to scream. I hate roaches with a passion. I'd rather have a snake in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other night I did a jumping on the couch screaming thing at the giant asian cockroach that came out from under my fridge. I was glad my friend Mienbao was there to manly smash it. Cockroaches in Taiwan have wings and can fly. Fear factor multiplied by 4

    ReplyDelete