Friday, August 28, 2009

Lab BBQ





I have to say, people here have been extremely outgoing and nice here. This evening I was invited to a BBQ by some of the graduate students and post-docs who I give lessons to. Lots of fun, though the actual grill was about a quarter of the size of the grills in America. It was out next to Shigenobu river, which, as you can tell from the picture, is not that high during the non-rainy season. In fact, it's almost completely dry. Interesting side note, fireworks are legal out here, as my friends soon showed me. Luckily, no one lost any eyebrows. Unfortunately I couldn't stay too long, as I had to give another lesson shortly thereafter, but I was there for enough time for my shirt to smell like sulfur and BBQ sauce. Scientists are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment