Friday, August 28, 2009

Mmm, liver...

Ok, you may be wondering what that is I'm holding in my chopsticks, and about to eat. Telling these adventurous epicureans how much I like exotic foods, they decided to challenge me. Included on the sashimi boat was some cut up turban snail, which was pretty chewy, and not the best. The thing that I am holding was it's liver. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the thing was covered in mucous, and so slippery that I could barely get a hold of it. Without a doubt, one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. Instead of a solid middle, the thing is filled with some sort of foul tasting liquid, which I could swear was ink. The whole thing tasted like a salty, fishy, gooey mess, and for those who will ever travel to Japan, is best left uneaten, and if possible, thrown out before it ever gets put on the plate. All things considered, I would say the boiled cow tendon was much more palatable than this gooey wonder. Oh well, when in Rome...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, one of the most disgusting things you've ever eaten was one of my favorite food. If it was an abalone , it costed around 50 bucks for one shell. Let's eat diaphragm, intestines, stomach and overy of beef on next Thursday. If you want, we can have raw tangue and liver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck! i can't believe you put that in your mouth. i would have spit it into my napkin.

    ReplyDelete