Thursday, October 15, 2009

Totokin Day



Sorry, been busy, so I've fallen somewhat behind on my posts. Had a fun weekend, here's the first of a few posts about my exploits. On Sunday, Azami took Lisa and me to a tribute concert about ten minutes away from the apartment. Tribute is probably the wrong word. Basically, this guy Totokin is a friend of ours, and he is a pretty damn good drummer. It was his birthday a few days ago, but instead of throwing a party, he threw a concert where he played with about ten different bands through the course of the evening. Each band got to play two or three songs, and then they switched out with someone else. Guy had mad chops, probably played for about three hours straight! Every type of music you can think of, from screaming metal to contemporary jazz to soft lounge singing. Azami sang three songs! Because I can't turn off the flash on my camera without the picture getting really blurry, I couldn't take too many pictures, but here are the two I did manage to shoot. The first one is the sign of the place the concert was at, and the second is Azami hiding in a conga case. Fits the night pretty well, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment