Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another Night, Another Good Meal




Went out again last night with my friends Hiro, Satomi, and Risa. It was a little place close to the train stations, tucked away. I love how most of the best restaurants are completely unobtrusive, you would never be able to find them if you didn't know where to look. Tried some interesting dishes tonight, along with some old favorites. I thought I would include a picture of one of the menu boards to show why I always need someone to order for me when I go to these places. I really need to start learning how to read Japanese! The sashimi was great. Apparently, they spear the head and the spine together to show that the fish you're eating is fresh. I imagine the pike's head starts to smell pretty bad after just a few hours. A nice touch though. The last picture is a bowl of some of the tenderest squid I've ever eaten. Really delicious, I'll have to find out how to cook it! Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment