Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Weekend Out






Sorry, my internet has been somewhat spotty as of late, so it's been a bit difficult for me to get stuff posted. To my dear readers, I apologize. Couple of great nights this weekend. Won't bore you with the details, but I'll put up a little overview of what went down. On Friday, I got to meet up with some of Satomi's old English teacher friends from England. The first picture is of the four of us. On the left is good old me, then DD, Kathy, and Satomi. We conducted our revelry in a small pub near the entrance to Matsuyama castle named Mirai Kanai. The bartender is another friend of Satomi's, and he's in the second picture. We started the night at about 8pm, and I don't think we made it home till well after 2 in the morning. Those Brits (well, Kathy is an Aussie, but she lives in Britain now) really know how to drink! Makes me want to visit Europe again. Great way to spend a Friday night/Saturday morning.

After waking up and slaying my massive hangover (I use slaying because this hangover was of dragon-ian ferocity) I headed back into the city to meet up with some of my friends from the states, who were in town as part of the cast of Blast!. For those who don't know Blast!, its basically drum corps meets broadway. If you haven't seen the show before, I highly suggest you check it out. This particular cast had been touring around Japan for the past three months, and as luck would have it their last stop was in my little city of Matsuyama. So I was treated to a wonderful reunion with my 2006 seat partner, Samia, who was part of the colorguard (sorry, visual ensemble). Got a chance to show her and her father around the city, and managed to grab a bite to eat before she had to report back to warm up for the show. Met most of the cast, including another one of my old marching friends in the colorguard named Julianne, and got a backstage tour before the show started. I've seen the production a few times, but this was by far the best performance of it I've ever seen. Standing ovation even before they finished the last song. Good stuff, brought multiple tears to my eyes. Seriously, see the show the next time it comes around to your area.

I'll leave Sunday for another post, since I've got a video for that one, and I don't want to overburden!

No comments:

Post a Comment