Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Some Dogo Fun






The next day, Lisa and I took Patrick to visit Dogo Onsen. Rumor had it that there was beer to be had that was brewed from the same hot spring water they use to fill the baths. Forget the history about the place, we were just interested in a good micro brew! After walking through the shopping street, and seeing that ridiculously scary mannequin I posted about earlier, we refreshed ourselves with some Japanese gelato. I guess it's really Italian, but there was a green tea flavor, so I'm calling it Japanese. Then we tried to wander over to the brewery. Problem was the brewery was closed, but being the resourceful people that we are, we found a bar right next to the onsen that specialized in tasting the Dogo beer. There are three types, one pale ale, one red ale, and one stout. I was more concerned about trying the different varieties, so I forgot to take a picture. I did, however, manage to snap a shot of the lovely little appetizer we had, a deep fried clove of elephant garlic, called, "Fried a garlic." I'm not kidding, see the picture. Very tasty. Another good trip to Dogo. I like the onsen, but I'll admit that the surrounding area is way too touristy for my taste. Maybe I just don't like that mannequin.

No comments:

Post a Comment