Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mmm, fish eggs....


Stopped by Takashimaya before we headed back home after seeing Dogo. As luck would have it, a regional market was open on on of the higher floors. Apparently it was supposed to be like the fish markets in Hokaido. Let me tell you, the smells coming from some of these booths were absolutely incredible, both in their savoriness and in their ability to completely overpower the nose. I could have spent a lot of money their, but a lot of what was being sold involved bento boxes, and we had our meals planned out for the rest of the week. Oh well. One thing in particular caught my eye. One of the booths was dealing in fish eggs, and they had one of the biggest piles of salmon roe I have ever seen, so I managed to get a picture. Doesn't it just make you want to grab a handful and pop them in your mouth? And I mean pop them, since that's what they do when you eat them. Mmm, makes me hungry just looking at the picture again.

No comments:

Post a Comment