Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Welcome Home" Izakaya






Another good dinner in the city tonight. Met up with my friends Azami and Tetsuhiro at an Izakaya. I can't remember the name in Japanese, but translated it means something like "Welcome Home." The top picture was our first course, a local shellfish which is something called "Turtle-feet." Yes, they do look very much like turtle feet, but are actually a relative of the mollusk. Very salty, but very tasty. You bite the fleshy part and suck out the juice, and then eat the meat inside. The second course was a combination of stingray liver and hoke sashimi. The stingray liver was very good, same consistency of well-cooked tofu, but much tastier. The last thing on the menu was the neck of a giant tuna. Really good meat. I know most of the posts on this blog center around what I eat, but the food is so good here, I just can't resist!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh hamachi kama is my FAVORITE. death row worthy for sure. i want to come play eat the food with you.

    ReplyDelete