Monday, September 7, 2009

Soul Strings Live






Got my first musical experience in Japan tonight. Ayumi met me in the city and we walked over to a small club, couldn't tell you the name. Anyways, it was a tiny little place, with a small stage, a bar, and about ten tables. The band's name was The Soul Strings, your standard rock band, complete with bass, guitar, drummer, keyboardist, and singer. The guitar player was Ayumi's older sister's husband. Let me tell you, these guys rocked hard. I was pretty surprised, I was expecting to hear mostly Japanese songs, but in fact 95% of what they played was American music, from "Very Superstitious" to "When A Man Loves a Woman" to that song they play during Venus woman's razor commercials. The band was rocking! It was pretty funny though, hearing all of these American songs sung with a slight accent. Still, the band performed extremely well, I was very impressed. I have to do this more often. Also, I got a chance to meet some of Ayumi's family, which was fun. In the last picture, her nieces are on the left of me, named Haruka and Ayaka. Haruka's friend, Haruna, is on the lower right, and Ayumi is to my left. What a fun night, I've got to search out more of these little clubs and hear some more music.

No comments:

Post a Comment