Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Imotaki!


Ok, now that I'm back, I can start to post again. The first one, naturally, is about something I ate recently. I was at a friend's house for a little get together, and to feed us, the host brought out a giant pot full of goodies. The name of this dish is called imotaki, and I have no idea what it translates to, but I would guess it's something like "put everything you can think of into a big pot and boil it." Basically, it consisted of chopped up bits of tofu, chicken, bale root, cognac (not the brandy, some chewy vegetable which I'm sure is spelled different), potatoes, mushrooms, and other stuff I couldn't identify. Add in some udon noodles, and you've got some great drinking food. I should be able to make this at some point, it looks like great food to huddle over during the winter. Itadakimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment