Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nabe!






Another good meal! One of Lisa's students took us out to dinner in the city for a nabe party. For those who don't know, which I assume is most of you, nabe is like imotaki in that its modus operandi is "take-everything-you-want-to-eat-and-boil-the-hell-out-of-it." Except instead of a metal pot, you use a ceramic pot. We started off with a nice boiled squid and sashimi, and then moved on to boiled fish, cabbage, mushrooms, lime, lettuce, seaweed, and giant green onions. I've included before and after pictures so you can get an idea of how this works. The best part is that you use a portable stove on your table, so this is a great method of cooking for my apartment, which is starting to get ridiculously cold now that winter has arrived. Luckily for me, some of the old occupants of my place already bought a nabe pot and a portable stove, so I've been making stuff like this for the past two weeks. Great party food. Itadakimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment